Crane Revolving Door Company History
Crane Revolving Door Company has been a true leader and industry power for more than 60 years. Initially a manufacturer of stainless steel and aluminum storefronts, Crane has developed the revolving doors to become the core competency of their product line.
Aluminum, stainless steel, and bronze are the most common materials used for revolving doors. In addition to these common materials, Crane can also build a revolving door from nickel, silver, or wood. Crane can customize materials, shapes, sizes, or colors of a revolving door to meet the creative and exhausting specifications.
Harold (Hal) Crane opened Crane Fulview Glass Door Company in 1945 in downtown Chicago and then relocated the company to Deerfield, IL in 1962. When Mr. Crane was ready to retire, long-term associates Howard Dan and Richard H. Tracy purchased the company and changed the name to Crane Fulview Door Company. As production rose and the need for more space because evident, the two partners relocated the company to Lake Bluff, IL, where it still operates today.
Two important events in February 2000 shaped Crane's future: Crane became ISO 9001 certified and Mr. Dan and Mr. Tracy decided to sell the company to The DORMA Group. New ownership led to another name change. Today, we are known as Crane Revolving Door Company, a division of DORMA Entrance Systems.
Crane remains the market leader in the fabrication of custom revolving doors and we continue with our commitment to making superior quality doors at competitive prices.